Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Summer lunches at the park...







I have fond memories of going to some park a hand full of times out in WVC to meet my dad for lunch. Ma, the sisters and myself would usually pick up an industrial size bucket of KFC and roll over to this one park where we would spread a blanket that reeked of mildew from being in the trunk of the car for months, sit under the scorching sun, and eat some chicken while trying to fend off a flock of seagulls that would have made the early pioneers run in terror during the cricket crisis.
Now I get to meet Tal and Holden now and then for a little lunch and a visit at an hour that's out of the ordinary. We usually skip the moldy blanket and bucket of fried chicken parts and just split a subway, but it's still fun.






2 comments:

  1. LOL!! I loved those good old days... so carefree and greasy!! I don't remember the moldy blanket though... I must have been too busy playing on the jungle gyms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Glad you popped in on the blog to say hello. Man, your boys are getting big and for sure, no doubt about it, they are your boys. Hope things are well- you seem to be surviving :)

    ReplyDelete